Carpet tiles are actual carpets that have been cut into individual squares!
Carpet tiles do have some benefits. In most cases, it’s very easy to replace one carpet tile and replace it with a brand-new carpet tile! Most of the adhesives are pressure sensitive.
The adhesive usually remains sticky throughout the life of the carpet tile itself so most people can replace one without having to reinstall the entire area.
Carpet tiles are usually made for commercial purposes. Your better-quality carpet tile will come with a thick rubber backing which makes it water-resistant and comfortable to walk on.
There have been other situations where people felt that this carpet tile met their needs better than any other floor covering. Carpet tiles are very useful in homes where there are individuals that use wheelchairs or walkers to get around.
Stop by our flooring showroom in Peoria to view our carpet tile flooring options, or give us a call at 602-772-2154 to schedule a free in-home design consultation.
At Tony Rivera Flooring LLC, we install Shaw and Mohawk Flooring, however we feel we have better options in mind for what we offer to our customers! We prefer to promote Pentz Carpet, which is a subsidiary of Dreamweaver Carpets. They are not only designed to perform longer and last longer but are made to take more abuse than most others.
This type of carpet tile also includes the option of antimicrobial coating, which in most cases is extremely important to our customers! Pentz carpet tiles also include static-resistant carpets. This is very important for sensitive areas with high static such as computer systems, government agencies will require this type of product.
Preparation: Below are the preparation steps that are followed:
- The first part of the installation process at TonyRiveraFlooringLLC is to remove all debris on the floor.
- We then will inspect the floor for imperfections, high spots, and low spots. This part of the preparation is extremely critical.
- The subfloor must be perfectly smooth. The floor must be within an 8th of an inch tolerance. If the floor is not an 8th of an inch, then grinding may be necessary. If your preference is to not grind the floor, it will require patching, filling all damaged areas of the concrete and or subfloor. This again is a major importance to your carpet tile installation project.
- Please note: Carpet tiles are known to cover up minor imperfections if the floor is not ground down to a smooth surface. This will be dependent on our customers’ expectations.
Installation: As part of the carpet tile flooring installation process below are the steps that the Carpet tile flooring installer will follow:
- Laying out patterns most of the time, carpet tiles are checkerboard patterns.
- We then will mix up the color variations upon our customer’s request.
- In some cases, it will be necessary to cut the tile for a proper fit.
- We also must make sure we use the proper trowel as this is critical. Usually, the glue adhesive requires a 16th of an inch trowel.
- At Tony Rivera Flooring LLC we will only use the proper glue. If the manufacturer requires to use their glue, then that will be the glue we use.
- The last thing you want to do is void your warranty because a different glue was used other than what was recommended by the manufacturer.
Finishing Touches: Finally, after your installation is complete, our Carpet tile flooring installer will follow the below steps:
- Install necessary transition strips quarter round along with other tasks required to finish the carpet tile installation.
- If specialty moldings are required, we will install those as well by applying caulk to your baseboards. This is done to assure a clean look.
- Clean the floor very thoroughly and check for any imperfections.
- Our carpet tile installer will make sure the customer is happy with the carpet tile installation
The average cost to install the carpet tile flooring is approximately $1.25 per square foot.
There are many factors that impact the cost such as floor grinding, and special preparation, that may be required.
The timeframe for the installation is dependent on the individual situation and severity of the work involved. Usually this is done in commercial settings, therefore coordinating with project managers as this is extremely important.
Adhesives may play a role in your pricing some adhesives cost substantially more than others, but we will not cut corners especially with this part of the process.
Please note: This is especially true with our higher quality, heavier and difficult to install products. The more expensive carpet tiles made of wool or antistatic materials will be much more difficult to install, which usually slows the installation process down substantially is why it would cost more to install.
You can always give us a call at 602-772-2154 for a free in-home estimate. Or come visit our Peoria showroom and we’ll give you some samples to take home.
Is Carpet Tile Flooring more expensive than other types of flooring?
No, not in most cases, it depends on the actual type of flooring along with other factors.
Can Carpet Tile Flooring be installed in bathrooms, kitchens and or laundry rooms?
Yes, if you feel the need to have this in your kitchen, bathroom and or laundry room this is actually a great alternative to a rolled carpet or broadloom.
How long does Carpet Tile Flooring last?
At TonyRiveraFlooringLLC, all our products have at least a 15-year warranty. Most have a 25-year residential warranty, and a 10-year commercial warranty.
Can I install Carpet Tile Flooring myself, or does it require a professional to install it?
In most cases it can be done by the homeowner themselves.
At Tony Rivera Flooring LLC, we will gladly provide you with free advice on how to install these products. We also can provide a demonstration; however, you must follow the manufacturers’ installation guide. In this case if you are looking to save money, especially if it’s your own home and you are wanting to install Carpet tile flooring in a small area, it would be simple to install it yourself.